[RC] AERV rules vs the USET rule book comments - Michael Maul

In response to:"It would have been very nice for the AERC BOD to pick 15 riders at from each region at random to provide a critical read and critique of the new rule book during the editing process. Not only would this served the membership much better - it would have served the sport much better." From Truman

and

"> Note the BOD, the responsible entities for the rule book, gave the virtual version rave reviews. Why would that be so? Must be a reason most authors are subjected to a stringent editorial process.
> I see nothing about any membership reviews.
"

The "rave" reviews were by the BoD of *USEF* about their rule book. This was a description of the USET book and their virtual(flashdrive) which is *not* the AERC rule book.

The comment above that about membership review for the AERC rule book are:

The only new parts of the AERC rule book for 2008 will be

1. the Drug rule which has been been available in EN and discussed by the membership at length. Not all agree but I support our selected Vet committee, the WOTH committee, and John Parke in viewing this as a very significant step forward over our old rule.

2. The changes in the P&G rule discussed at the BoD meeting and now in in review by the Rules/P&G Committees. The starting discussion for this rule will be available for membership comment next week.

3. A clarification in rule 4 that defines the conditions that a ride manager can use to refuse entry to their ride. Available next week as well for membership discussion.

There is no general rule book revision in progress at this point. The target for a general rule revision would be the 2009 season at the earliest.

Mike