RE: [RC] Awards - David LeBlanc

I’m going to give a contrarian view here – while I like a neat award as much as the next person, I’d really rather you didn’t go overboard and go broke on the ride and then not do it again. For example, one of my least favorite top-10 awards was a plain 2 gallon bucket. One of my favorites was a bucket with a sticker on it showing what ride it was. Then every time I look at it, I remember the ride. The other one just gets lost with the other buckets. I bet the sticker costs less than $1.

If you’ve got an established ride, and know you can afford good stuff, then that’s great.

Something else that’s sort of funny – at a ride a few years ago, we all got chapstick when we signed up. It went in my fanny pack and stayed there for years. Then one windy day, I really needed it. At another ride, they gave out inexpensive travel alarms. Seemed chintzy at the time, but then something happened to the other alarm we had, and now we use it to wake up for every ride – the thing just keeps working. Now I’m really happy to have it 8-)

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 12:15 PM
To: Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Awards

As a first year RM this year, I wanted my awards to be useful and different so that people remembered them.  For completions, they could choose from a tripod, fold up stool with the Bandit logo on it or a duffle bag with the logo.  People really liked both.

Jannelle

Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

584 Romie Howard Rd.

Yoncalla OR 97499