[RC] Spanish Springs Express - Diane Fruth

Hi,
Well, to manage a ride 2200 miles away from home, I would say it fun, tiring, stressful, and enjoyable!
It was good to put names and faces together:)

We had a rented vet trailer, 4800 gallons of water at ride camp, 4 port-a-potties, $900.00 worth of weed-free hay,
nice awards &( T-shirts designed by Bianca Chevalier Oregon Endurance Rider), and water and hay on the trail every 10 miles or so!
Crew stuff was taken out to the vet checks for the riders!

The Friday night snowfall was quite a pain! This was not predicted at all:(

Friday night's awards were a disaster, dinner was served out of the rented trailer for the vets, riders had to get their plates and go back to their own trailers:(
It was a mess to say the least!
It was 21 degrees Saturday morning! brrrrr......

Jerry and I wanted to help Dr. Phil Ottinger to accomplish the ride this year, he had cancelled the last two years!

Thank you to Clarissa Hale for helping Jerry and Dr. Phil mark the trail, she was a huge help!

We did not have a huge turn-out (26 riders doing the 50 on Friday, no LD riders and 15 50's with 2 LD on Saturday.
2_ 2-Day 100, they both finished with flying colors!
One Fun Rider!

1st Place went to Suzanne Huff and Fred Enigh. They tied both days.
Friday's BC went to Gordon Westergard
Saturday's BC went to Fred Enigh.
2-Day 100 1st Place and BC was Natalie Herman.

Thank you very much to the riders who supported the ride:)

It was an easy weekend for the vets(we had 4:)
We were able to meet the Famous Dr. Rob Lydon, he is a hoot!
Thank you to Dr. Susan McCarthy( our treatment vet, she is so nice:), her husband Dave should have been a comedian!
Dr. Jeanette Mero( we all loved her daughters &  her husband Steve:)
Dr. Marty Allen (who is from Illinois, and moved to Gardnerville,NV:)
He is a cool guy, so all of you Ride Managers looking for a vet in Nevada, call Dr. Marty:) He stayed at the last vet check till they found Andrew and his horse at 1am...whew....

Carol Marshall was our photographer on Friday, she left  Saturday morning:(
 To access her website: goggle her website address
photo.carolmarshall.net

Any problems with her website, email her at:

Thank you to all the riders who made the comments, suggestions for the Spanish Springs Express.

Putting on a ride is never easy, and we really want to know what the riders like or don't like.

The cowboy ranchers were a treat,the guys loved the whiskey:)
Next year they offered us their bunkhouse, house with cable TV,Spa,Horse water, BarBQ Cookout, Road not as rough to ridecamp, etc.... for next year...who knows..:)))

Have a great day!

Now I am finished doing rides this year, I can go ride my horses:))
~Diane Fruth

SERA Kentucky Director
Past Chairman for AERC NC Championship
Past Ride Manager for:
LBL EXPRESS(Kentucky) (5years)
Daddy's Day Dash(Indiana) (Indiana Club Fundraiser 2007)
Spanish Springs Express (California) 2007 1st year ride:)