[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Egypt's Maryanne Stroud Gabbani - Steph Teeter

Egypt's Maryanne Stroud Gabbani is interviewed by Global Voices

"The endurance riders (an interesting group of lunatics who think that it's fun to ride 50 to 100 miles on horses) had contact with the Gulf Arabs because the families of Dubai and Abu Dhabi had taken up endurance in the 90's, and by some weird fluke I had found myself the manager of a 120 km race that was Egypt's first international endurance race sponsored by Mohamed Maktoum in the spring of 2000, just before my husband's death. I was the only person on the organising committee formed in Cairo for the race who had even the vaguest idea what endurance was, though it was entirely academic and my friends abroad helped to coach me through the ordeal."

More ...

--
Posted By Steph Teeter to Endurance Riding: News at 10/02/2007 07:25:00 AM