[RC] Quality vs quantity - Fred & Cynthia Ross

I MUCH perfer having my horses and mules home. I have done it each way you have mentioned. For many years I rented stalls and/or pasture space and took care of them myself. I have had them at home for 20 yrs. now. But, for several winters boarded out for a few months to have use of an indoor arena. It was nice not to have to go out twice a day in the cold but I was so glad to get them back home. I find a spend a lot more time with them at home. I do a LOT of short training sessions with them that I would never travel to do.  A lot of thing I do just while working around them such as "sacking" them out (rubbing them all over) with the plastic bags the shavings come in. I often groom them while they are eating and many other small things that I would never bother to drive anywhere to do.

Cindy R. in Maine