[RC] re: safely cages for Jennifer - Cindy Collins

I've ridden in EZ rider stirrups w/cages for many years, but changed over to the solid ones after a very depressing experience at the BigHorn 100 a few years back.? I was off my horse leading up a very steep hill on the second section of the BigHorn.? When I got to the top of this brutal climb and turned to mount, I had NO stirrup or stirrup leather (safety bar on leather).? Numerous people searched this hillside and we never found the stirrup and strap, but know that a tree or brush must have stuck through the open cage and dragged the whole thing off.? So, that's why I use the solid cages now :)? It's one of my rider option pulls.??

Cindy Collins