[RC] styles of trot - Leah McGregor

I'm looking for my next endurance horse and have come upon the option of
different trotting styles of horses.

If it were me I would definetly get the horse with the  extension and ground covering trot, as long as everything else is in order with the horse. I personally would not even consider a horse with a "sewing machine trot" unless he/it can do both. A good distance horse needs to go up and forward, the more ground he covers in the air and going forward is what you want not in the air going up.
My next horse to start has an incredible ground covering lift and extension, can round up and move like a park horse and can rack, all naturally, on his own and does it in flying changes at play, he amazing range of motion. Sometimes those horses that have the up/down sewing machine thing going on are very straight in the shoulders and can't do anything else without a lot of help. I would just want to be sure that what you saw in that horses trot is really what it does all the time. If it was a piece of video and the horse was being flagged it may not be the way it trots the majority of the time. Hope this makes sense

Leah McGregor
2 wks out of 8 wks of lay up done..........I can't not wait to be on a horse again........heck I'll just be happy to be rid of the crutches!