Re: [RC] How We Reason and Argue - Don Huston

Hello Bruce,
Very educational points on how we reason and argue. The other side of this is how much I, as a person involved in the argument, am invested in winning. Any tips on how to rethink one's position to allow for being convinced to change before digging in the heels and going for broke?? At some point agreeing to change is the same as losing the argument which is really a tough decision.
To keep this endurance related, is my horse using #5 or #6 when he bolts uncontrollably down the trail at the sight of a bear? I would like him to stop and discuss it with me. X;{