[RC] teaching a horse to trot at vet checks - sherman

When fatigued, I am lame due to trauma (ran into a tree) to the muscle above my left knee a year and a half ago. During a ride, some of the vets thought my horse was intermittently grade 1 or below on his left front, others thought he was fine. When I see the video of me trotting him out, I think they were influenced by my limping. I don’t see any sign of the horse being off. More than once the vets proclaimed rider lame, horse good to go. I might have some else trot him out next time if I can’t do it without limping.

Kathy

that's for sure! I have a really bad right knee and it is nearly impossible for "me" to trot without limping. Dane Frazier told me to get someone else to trot out my horse cause I make the horse look lame!

My horses have learned to trot out with anyone at the lead and to trot on voice command