[RC] kids and saddles - Chrystal Woodhouse

O.k. what kind of saddles do parents put their kids in for long distance riding????  My 11 yr old  daughter is "graduating" from her 11 HH pony to our 15.1 Morab, we plan to do LOTS of distance riding in the next year and I have to say looking at my little girl on this ( relatively) huge horse in her tiny english saddle gives me the heeby jeebies!!!!!!:-) I was asking her tonight at dinner if maybe we could get her a western saddle, it seems to me that one has a better chance of staying on if your horse decides to bolt right at a gallop !!
She has ridden our pony for the last 3 yrs and honestly once my kids learn to stay on that  twisting,bucking,rearing pint sized monster  I tell my kids they can pretty much ride anything!!!!:-) I not worried about my daughter's riding skills just trying to "maximize" her safety level. ( I know.....go buy her a motorbike  lol  <grin>)):-)
Thanks for any advice!
Chrystal :-)