Re: [RC] Idea - Cora

the Burtons would probable be alright with this too....Cora
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:58 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] Idea

Some breeders would be fine with this. I think what you'd need is a breeder who also does training at their facility, i.e., has a trainer either on staff or subcontracting that comes in most days a week.

Alternately you could put the baby at a "training stables". There are a number of those around here, so I imagine they are common elsewhere. The ones around here mostly have stalls, turnouts, and, most important, pasture, where a number of horses live. Your baby would live with the herd but receive age-appropriate training. Herd living, running around in a big area, and handling by humans are the three things your baby needs.

Obviously there is some overlap between breeders and training stables.

Regards,

Mike Sherrell
Grizzly Analytical
707 887 2919; fax 707 887 9834