[RC] ZTEC - Jan and Bill Stevens

Everyone-
Answer to question #1- This ride's main focus was the Team aspect of endurance riding. That is why we haven't released the individual rider placings. While it is true AERC and FEI only recognize individual placings...this event did not. Those who completed are receiving jackets, however, the main prizes (blankets, medals, mirrors, and hats) and the focus of the awards ceremony was on the team placings.

Answer to question #2- Yes, in order to figure team placings the ride times were added together for the top three team placings. If a team didn't finish three riders, we added 24 hours to the teams time.

Teams were broken down into USA FEI Teams(those with 3 or more FEI riders on their team), Foreign Teams (Canadian in this instance), and Open Teams (those with 3 or fewer FEI riders on their team).

The event was a huge success in our estimation with a lot of team camaraderie. The opening ceremonies were a lot of fun with the teams entering the vet check area with their horses in-hand while being introduced over the loud speaker. We had a fantastic cheering squad who managed to get most of the horses attention for the team photos. We planned on having an official closing ceremony, but it was spitting rain on and off that morning.

We were so pleased with the Team Spirit that we observed. Riders took this event seriously, but still had a lot of time to laugh and cheer each other on. There were no serious pulls requiring treatment.

Jan and Bill Stevens