[RC] My best falls - Lynn White

I kind of have a favorite list of falls. My favorite
fall was actually getting bucked off as I was getting
on before an LD.  I was riding it out pretty well (7.5
seconds, I think) and then I looked up to see us
approaching tables and chairs and people RUNNING from
us...didn't quite make the eight seconds on that one.
Sported a nice bruise for a couple weeks.

Second best fall was when my mare spooked and I got my
foot caught in the stirrup  and was dragged just long
enough so that I didn't know if I was spitting out
teeth or dirt...it was dirt.  I figured that my mare
was half way home but when I got up lo and behold,
there she was waiting for me to get my act together.
People gave my husband dirty looks at the grocery
store after that one.  I had a nice shiner and a
swollen face. Doctor took a couple x-rays and
prescribed vicodin.

I think the only thing that I really would mind about
getting dumped would be a horse that just kept going
and going.  My mare has bolted/spooked and dumped me,
but I've always managed to get her back pretty quick.
Either she finds a clump of grass to eat or turns
around and looks for me.   I can't imagine spending a
day looking for a horse in unfamiliar
surroundings...now THAT kind of horse would not last
very long in my possession. I don't care how fast they
could go or how smooth they were.  Falling off is one
thing, spending the day looking for a lost horse fully
tacked up is another.

One quickie note on broken ribs:  Do have someone
listen to your lungs at least once a day to make sure
you are not building up fluid in your lungs.  A couple
broken ribs indirectly killed my uncle because he
could not get a deep breath to exhale. He died of
pneumonia.

-Lynn

FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/