[RC] Spanish Springs Express is still on :) Will be accepting Ride Entries at the Ride! - Diane Fruth

Hi,
Here is an update for the Spanish Springs Express Endurance Ride September 28th & 29th, 2007:)
In response to all the calls and emails, we are not in danger to the fire. The fire that cancelled the Patriot's Ride is now under control. We are sorry that the Patriot's ride was cancelled but we are so glad we didn't have to cancel too! BLM told us that the fire would have had to go through Susanville, California before it would have affected us.
Dr. Phil Ottinger and Jerry Fruth have worked really hard to make this ride happen, it is a go! Jerry is on his way with the rig, the awards, trail marking, ride management stuff, food, etc....

This is a HIGH DESERT Ride, it has some climbs, scenic views, rocky and some places you can ride on and open it up! Trail Bosses are suggesting you pad or use easy boots!
You know your horses!

You will park in a Primitive Campground, sorry Spanish Springs Resort was TOO EXPENSIVE!
Port-a-Potties and Horse Water at the Ride Site, bring your own People Water!
Water will be set out on the trail, Dr. Phil has worked really hard for the horses to supply water on the trail!
Trail Bosses have asked you not to sponge out of the water tanks set out along the trail!

Thank you to one of my very best friends... Bianca Chevalier(Oregon Endurance Rider) for the designing the wonderful logo for the T-shirts,etc...
Get well & heal Bianca, I will miss not seeing you & Knighto at the ride!

Safety for the riders/horses when they cross Hwy 395, we will have a California State Trooper for that day!

Ride Camp Site is located off of Hwy 395 heading North out of Susanville, California.
Once you have passed the Holding pens at Litchfield, CA on Hwy 395 you go 2.3 miles, turn right on Smoke Creek Ranch Road go 9 miles.