[RC] Combined GPS and equine HRM - Susan Favro

Polar finally has a new model, the RS800 HRM, that will have an added GPS accessory to track speed and distance. While I've not yet had a chance to get my hands on the GPS accessory, I have played with the RS800 HRM and it's pretty cool. Instead of having the electrodes with a wire running to the transmitter, the RS800 uses a heart girth strap with the electrodes woven into the fabric of the strap. The transmitter snaps into the girth strap. It's a neat and clean approach. I have an ad in the October issue of Endurance News that gives more detail or you can visit our Web site (www.healthyasahorse.net) and find the RS800 on the "New Products" page. I'm hoping to get one of the GPS accessories next week and will post more info then. Several of the things I really like about the Polar are that their equine HRMs are specifically designed for use on equines, their products carry a two year warranty, and Polar is the leader in the HRM market.

…S
Susan Favro
Healthy As A Horse Network
“Innovative effective products for horse and rider”
Official Sponsor: AERC (American Endurance Ride Conference)
US Distributor for Strada Saddles

Phone 406.864.8000
E-mail Susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Online www.HealthyAsAHorse.Net