Re: [RC] Re; Older Horse's - SandyDSA

In addition, for DECADES, people who bred Arabians, in particular, straight Egyptians, considered them "living art" or some such crock and so they never did anything BUT breed them! We acquired over the years three Se mares all over 9 years of age who had never even had a SADDLE on them - until we got them:). What great trail horses they made. Of course, the first one I rode was a bit rusty, I thought, and so I called the ranch manager how recently she had been ridden since she was stiff on turns etc on our 2 hour trail ride in the local park.  Well, after Janice picked herself up off the floor, she told me that sweet Anisa had NEVER had a SADDLE ON HER BACK! LOL! I rode Anisa for a few years until we tragically lost her in foaling out a particularly large colt who we also lost. I miss that sweet little mare - so kind! Don't count out the older ones - but in the end, too many people breed them just to breed more. Kind of stupid I think - but there you go.
Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com