[RC] Thank you!! - Jay Randle

Hi All

WOW! I don't know where to start! Firstly THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my request on behalf of Beck (who wants to spend some time in the US next year!). I will respond to all of you individually in the next day or so.

Secondly, I was overwhelmed at the number of endurance people who were willing to open their homes, hearts and barns to this young lady, and I am sure that bigger and better things could eventuate from this type of response.

Let me put some ideas out there and see what you all think:

How many of you would be interested in developing a regular 'exchange' program for young riders?
Would an 'exchange' system similar to the world-wide Rotary Exchange for young people be of interest to you?
Would any young riders from the US be interested in coming to Australia on an 'exchange' program?

Our main ride season extends from March - October annually, so the opportunity for your young riders to come here in the Summer Vacation period would be good. As your ride season varies depending on just where in the States you are, our young riders could probably be situated with your families over the December-February (our Summer Vacation) timeframe.

Like the Rotary Exchange (and many school exchanges that I've been involved with), one young rider from here could go to a designated household in the US, and then the hosting family could send their young rider here the following Summer to stay with their new friend. School/work committments could be sorted out to suit.

Alternatively, older riders (and the young-at-heart) could do the same thing....

What do you think? I don't want to know about the PROBLEMS, I would like to know if the idea is feasible, and if anyone would be willing/interested in developing the idea further.

Please respond to splendacrest *at* hotmail *dot* com

Thanks again!!!

Best regards

Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING