[RC] doing an LD on hay only?? - Skyla Stewart

Done many a 50 or more on hay only, more of my guy's 3015 miles have been hay only during the day, then not. Sometimes he will eat "grain/whatever", but most normally just wants hay.  So, I say YES she can do well on hay only. I would think she would be fine to give a pound of hardfeed now and then particularly after the ride, after the horse is cooled out.

Skyla

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.