[RC] GSFHR - part two - Anna Wolfe

I am so glad that AERC got involved, and the rules were abided by for the safety of the horses and the good name of endurance.  But endurance riding is an individual sport, and that mentality continued to rule the day of placing people’s finishes daily, instead of the teams.  If that is what this is, what people want – an extra long pioneer race with the emphasis on individuals, that is fine.  I, for one, along with my team members, was very glad that Rob had invented a new sport of teamwork and strategy, and I hope it will continue.  While I did well, that is not why I was there – it was for the team, and as I said, there are no finer people anywhere than my teammates.  Would I do it again?  Well, as of now, I’m not sure I’m invited to come back, so we’ll have to see.

I am pleased that the ladies injured were there, doing well towards the end.  Teresa was back in camp by my first morning there, and I was delighted to have the chance to ride a bit with her and talk with her the last ride day.  Sandy was in a wheelchair, and I did not get to speak with her, but she looked great.  Modest, too – I heard her tell someone who was saying what a trooper she was (or some other positive word – can’t quite remember what) and she denied it, saying she couldn’t be this, for it didn’t hurt.  I’m very glad she didn’t hurt, and hope she has a speedy recovery.

So these are some of my thoughts – it was quite an adventure!

Anna Wolfe