[RC] Create what we want..AERC - Ranelle Rubin

The only power we have in any organization is what we are willing to create for ourselves and those around us. If you are not happy with what has happened in endurance as you see it or know it, get involved in the creation of something different.

When you experience something you don't like, you have several choices:

Choosing to no longer participate is certainly one of them. What is the payoff of that choice? You get to not do rides, (or pay more for them), and purchase EN on your own, etc. What is the negative? IMO, you get to "Live in your story about what is wrong with AERC". You get to churn that story round and round in your head, and create all kinds of negative, disruptive thoughts. Who does that benefit? Certainly not your horse!

Choosing to live with "what is" is another option. You learn to live with other's choices. For me, I find this to be an easier route, yet I better not complain about it unless I am willing to be involved in the solution. I go to a ride, listen carefully to the rules, obey them, and have a good time. Just ask any of the folks who had to listen to my stupid song on Tevis!

Choosing to stay involved, and be part of creating a solution to the problems is another choice. In business, I teach the teams I consult with to always be willing to bring to the table a solution for every problem they identify. IMO, that is why we have those who are dedicated to making a difference on a national or international level, like Bruce Weary DC, and others on the BOD. They are the ones who we can bring suggestions for what we want to create for the future.

Bottom line, if you don't like it, live with it, don't do it, or get involved! But don't berate those who are volunteering their time to make a difference! Ask for what you want, but be nice about it!

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant http://www.rrubinconsulting.com Independent Dynamite Distributor raneller@xxxxxxx

916-663-4140 home office
916-718-2427 cellular
916-848-3662 fax