From: Mike Sherrell [mailto:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:30 AM
To: 'april'
Subject: RE: [RC] Teaching rearing

Very interesting. Thanks.

Regards,

Mike Sherrell
Grizzly Analytical
707 887 2919; fax 707 887 9834
www.grizzlyanalytical.com

-----Original Message-----
From: april [mailto:moonlitride@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 8:52 PM
To: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Actually , a horse who already has a rearing issue is one of the few good reasons to teach rearing on cue. One of the fastest, surest, ways to get control of a bad habit is to teach it with a cue. If it is a "taught trick" that gets a reward for doing it right and you are not asking for it, it loses its appeal as an avoidance measure.
april