Re: [RC] Teaching rearing - Lynn Kinsky

On Sep 12, 2007, at 2:08 PM, Mike Sherrell wrote:

We ride among irrigated fields and he drinks 3, 4, 5 times in a 6 or 7 hour ride. Actually, he seems a little more sluggish right after drinking.
?

What is in the water he is drinking? I'd be concerned about irrigation water containing high nitrates as well as a variety of dissolved salts and pesticides.

You'd probably do better to carry a folding bucket and some extra water bottles containing good water and water him with that.

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/