Re: [RC] Eye ulcer - Patricia Israelson

John Lyons is a well known horse training clinician.  He had an old Appy stallion that went totally blind from a reaction to an antibiotic.  Zip went everywhere with John, and I had the privilege of trail riding with both of them.  Zip was about the age of your friends' horse when he went blind.  He was 26 years old when John had him laid to rest.  Where there is love and patience, there is hope.

Patty Israelson
----- Original Message -----
From: jamie ward
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:15 PM
Subject: [RC] Eye ulcer

A friend of mines 22 yr old gelding just went to the vet yesterday because she noticed he was acting like he could not see  ( his right eye was poked out years ago by his old owner's jackass kids) his left eye was watery and he seamed like he could see shadow's.They got him to the vet where the said he had an ulceration of the eye. but from what who knows .They could not find anything in it. The poor guy looks like Frankenstein they had to sew the eye closed and use tubing to keep The stitches from riping and a drain line and another IV lock type thing to put antibiotics and a rinse threw every 3 hours!! for almost 2 weeks! (I get that fun job while she is at work) anyways the prognoses for if he will see again sounds 50/50 anyone have any experience with this? any success story's or at least story's that will encourage her?
Jamie

Ask me about Custom made rump warmer's, Any size,color/print you could think of and a great choice of fabrics all come with a warrantee and a guarantee !  For a limited time each come with a free "surprise" thank you gift. e-mail me or call me (541)761-9837 for more info

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely!  Life is an adventure which should bring you  skidding into Heaven's gates, totally worn out, scuffed up and bleeding, yelling, "Whoo Hoo, what a ride