RE: [RC] Big South Fork 100 - Katrina Mosshammer

Hi Jody,

Is this the same set up you used at OD? I was looking at those pictures trying to see if anything looked like it might be a problem. I can't tell from the pics what kind of pad you have or how far down the flap of the saddle goes. Is it possible that the edge of the flap is causing a little pressure? Or is the pad shorter than the flap and could be causing it? Just a possible guess. I know that my mare has to have a fairly thick pad that comes down at least 2 or 3 inches below the flap or she gets rubs.

Katrina

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jody Rogers-Buttram
Sent: September 10, 2007 4:48 PM
To: rides2far@xxxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Big South Fork 100

You have the area correct.  But no girth buckles there.  It was a Wintec endurance, that has
english rigging, so buckles are up under the flap.  She NEVER gets a visual spot....just a sensitive area right under the calve of a "normal" sized person, not a munchkin.  :))  It is located at where the barrel starts to ballon out.  She was NOT clipped in this area.  I found out a long time ago, never clip under the saddle or girth....I didn't even clip close to that.  So, what hair she had, was normal growth since spring.

I did get off periodically and run, down all the hills and up the steep, long climbs.  Changed saddles at 55 miles, and girths, and rode with it "hanging".  Didn't help.  The damage was already done.

Rose has done 2 days there on multiple times, doing great each ride.  This is the first time for a noncompletion on that trail.  I think I am going back to the OF for the next ride, it seems to sit better on her than the Wintec.