[RC] foaming on easy boots - sherman

Yes, duct tape is the way to go. I have photos of how I line my boots with duct tape. The only thing that isn’t covered is the sole and even that is covered around the edges. There is much info constantly being discussed on http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/BarefootEnduranceHorses/?yguid=273393199 My pictures are in a picture album there also. Or I can send them directly to you. With the duct tape, I spend about 2 minutes cleaning off each boot.

Kathy

Hi, I've used the easy foam to foam easy boots on over my horse's front shoes
and liked how it kept the boots on and the hoof in better shape than not
foaming them on.  However, the last time I did that I ended up ruining the
boots just trying to get them off the horse 4 days after riding 50 miles 2 days
in a row on hard packed trails and roads.  I even soaked his hooves and he was
running out on dew covered grass the 4 days after the ride. The cable and
buckle even broke on one boot and even though I foamed them on without the back
strap they still stayed on.  I want to try foaming them on again for the muddy
fall rides and wondered if anyone had any ideas of how to make it easier to get
the foam out after the ride and still keep them on during the ride.  I kinda
remember hearing something years ago that people sprayed pam spray in them
before they foamed them on to make removing the easier.  Would using duck tape
in the boot help?  I haven't tried using the foam with the ne
wer boots so maybe without the little nobbies in the sole that it might be
easier to get the foam off after use.  Thanks for any suggestions, etc.  Happy
Trails, Kathy