Re: [RC] [theenduranceopen] Red Easy Boots - jorudo

I'm trying a neon yellow spray paint that's meant for plastic, as well as a hot pink that's not.  So far, haven't had time to ride.  The yellow will probably blend in with the dead grasses here more than the pink, but might last longer.  Someone else suggested the colored duct tape, which I have in neon colors also. Something will work at some point. What we need is a tiny transmitter that sends out a signal and is indestructible. James Bond, where are you?

Glenda Snodgrass <horselover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, jorudo wrote:

> Yes, having just lost 2 black ones on different rides recently, and
> having myself and 2 friends not be able to find them in a short distance
> (here is where I still had 4, I can tell by the boot prints in the dirt,
> here is where I realize I lost one), I bought some flourescent pink
> spray paint. I'm going to try that next. May look goofy, may not last
> real long, and I may get teased, but so what? A can of spray paint is
> cheaper than an easyboot, and lasts a long time.

I tried spray-painting a pair a few years ago and the paint flaked off
almost instantly. Didn't last through a 10-mi training ride. I used
surveyor's spray paint in the can that paints upside down, so maybe it was
just the wrong kind of paint, but I had the impression that the action of
the rubber flexing with the horse's foot caused the paint to flake off,
and I never tried again.

If you get it to work, let me know what kind of paint you used!

Glenda R. Snodgrass
AERC #M18819
SE Region