[RC] Update from DeWayne Brown in Portugal - Kevin Myers

Hello Everyone!

Well things are good with the US and we are having a little fun. Riders are
starting to get a little stressed as it is getting closer. Most all the Crew
people are here now. It's a full ship!

Had a problem with one of the vets that was coming, he was bit by a snake a
week ago and well it did not get better fast enough for him to fly. SO I
guess good news is we got another vet! Bad for you at Oregon 100 as it is
Doctor Jen! We need her to go back as well on the drive from Portugal to
Amsterdam.

Something seems to be a little amiss from one of the Russian horses, a
temperature and few of the countries are worried. So they are ALL now in
quarantine. We hope all will be fine soon. They sent off the blood to make
sure.

As I said, things are bustling around here, most teams are here now and it
is getting pretty full in the parking lot. We are parked next to the
Hungarian team of one. Great group of the three, one rider one groom and the
translator. We had a fun night when they invited us for drinks. A funny
story of a stolen Monkey and we ask monkey about four times and were assured
it was a monkey. Well later when the story unfolded it was actually a Donkey
that the rider had stolen from his grandfather and went riding around on! We
had a great laugh about riding a monkey!

Went out on the trail today with Mark (Cowboy) Dial and it was a WILD ride
to say the least. We went to all the Crew Points on the trail. This is going
to be very interesting. Love the sand and rocks, oh my!!

Tonight we get a show from the local farm with there Lvsitano's. It will be
a good show as we have been able ot watch all week as they work them in the
arena where we are parked. A nice dressage presentation I am sure.
Things are getting tighter on security now we now have to have wrist bands
to get in and out of the stables. So far I have seen Russian, Swiss,
Italian, Bahrain, KSA, (Kingdom Saudi Arabia) Greece, Portugal, and a lot
more.

DeWayne Brown