[RC] Santa Fe Day 1 - Team Estrogen - FXLivestock

I just got a call from Laura Hayes who is on the trail, Day 1, Santa Fe trail.  Laura asked me to post her Team Estrogen report.

About 40 horses started day 1.  Horses were shuttled to the start line because the road was too slick for many of the rigs because of thunderstorms the night before.  The trail is absolutely spectacular.  Ride management has water every 5 miles for the horses and this included a trash barrel for sponging.  The vet checks are extremely well managed.  There is a dedicated treatment vet from Kansas who arrived with a fully equipped mobil vet clinic/lab.   Lunch was provided to riders and crew.  As we were on the phone, Laura came upon another water check where a volunteer was handing out bottled water for the riders.

Laura is riding towards the back of the pack.  At the last vet check, there were about 12 horses in the check.  Of these 12 only three were Arabs, there were Tennesee Walkers, Quarter Horses, Spanish Mustangs, and Paints.  From Laura's perspective, all of the horses looked great and the riders were doing a really good job managing their horses.

Again, she wanted me to emphasize that the trail is absolutley spectacular.  It sounds like she is having a really good time and has really enjoyed meeiting a lot of new riders.  She is having a great ride with her young mare who settled in to the rountine of the caravan life.

I will keep you posted as I get more information from the Santa Fe ride.