[RC] Somewhat off topic: Stock Trailers in TX with expired or no license plate - Mary Ann Spencer

I was reclaiming my stock trailer from a former friend when I got stopped. Was given a ticket for expired tag on stock trailer. Was driving thru Alto, TX. Seems they are cracking down on the tags and the lights working now. I tried to tell the JP that it was in one county and I had to redo the tag in the county where I live. He said I should have gone and got the plate number and done the renewal and driven back to get trailer. That would have been about 200 miles extra round trip. The JP did put the ticket down from $123 to $100. Apparently, $100 is now the minimul the state is fining for not having current tags on stock trailers. I have been trailering for over 20 yrs around here without problems. Friends have told me they don't even put a tag on their stock trailers. Perhaps it is part of the war on terrorism increased security. At any rate be warned. The JP did at least take a check. But had NO sympathy.