Re: [RC] horse/Dog Slaughter - Robert R

Why, I believe that is what is called a business plan.  Provided it isn't an illegal practice (as in cannibalism), why not have it a viable option for those individuals not so easily displeasured.  I'd sooner butcher dogs or horses for the export market to make a living than be a septic tank cleaner but there are a lot of folks who make good money doing just that.  Ought I presume they are poor specimens of humanity?

I know several people who ride cows and in many places where they are native, some of the parrot species we see as pets are eaten (as example, I am not certain it is true but have read that there is even a hunting season on cockatiels in Australia--but like I said, that may not be true as I make no attempt to stay current on Australian fish and game regulations).

I just don't get this whole concept.  I certainly would not choose to eat MY horse either unless circumstances were dire but I wouldn't run screaming and flailing if someone served horse at a meal I was attending.  Animals are made out of this really neat stuff called meat.  I probably (actually definitely in this country) eat a wider variety of meats than most.  I am not interested in condemning or denigrating someone because they choose to have a more restrictive menu than I and I fail to understand why so much of American culture is steeped (or perhaps stagnated is a better term) in that anyone who behaves in a manner different than us is inferior.  DIFFERENT IS NOT INFERIOR OR WRONG.  It just isn't the same.

This is a pointless argument and one that won't be settled hear.  I am hear to read and learn about endurance and will restrict my postings to that subject henceforth.

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net using SpamViper