[RC] Alpine's Feet - Juli Bechard

First, let me say thank you so much for all the support in regards to Alpine’s feet.  He is currently about the same, and has an appointment with the University of Florida for a full lameness workup this coming Thursday.  I really wanted to get there sooner, but unfortunately had to wait until payday to go. In the meantime, I’ve pulled Alpine off all grain and grass until we find out what’s going on, just in case he’s got a mild case of laminitis.  I don’t THINK so, but it won’t hurt him to be grainless for a few days.  It’s not like he gets much anyway.  He is quite annoyed with me in regards to this.

To top everything off, Alpine managed to stand in a red ant pile sometime yesterday, and now has over 100 bites on his right front leg, and about half that on the right hind.  His front leg is swollen from the elbow down.  I swear I’m going to have to put that horse in a plastic bubble or something.  So, Alpine is back on bute and cold hosing for the swelling and betadine for the bites.   He’s ticked about the bute, and has refused to eat his vitamins and MSM.  And he’s cranky.  Do they make prozac for horses?

Anyway, I’ll let everyone know what the vets say on Thursday.  Thanks again for the support.  I love horse people!

Juli and the Herd

Alpine (grrrrrr)

Merlin (staying the heck out of Mr. Cranky’s way)

E-mail message checked by PC Tools Spyware Doctor (5.0.0.169)
Database version: 5.07550
http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/