[RC] Bad Behavior - Jim - Spottedracer

Why? Because it's no different from our public schools, which refuse to
recognize that individuals learn better in different ways in different
environments. It's impossible to deal with all the variations.

Hmmmm... gotto argue a tad with ya there... Considering I've already spent 30 college hours learning the stages of learning development, special needs education, etc, etc.. And still have 3 more Psych/EDU courses to go on 'different teaching methodology'.....  The main PROBLEM with public schools is that with broad legislation of 'no Child Left Behind' - the PUBLIC has been led to believe that EVERY child can become competant in every major subject area. This includes the special needs kids - some of which are so mentally/physically handicapped that they can't even wipe their own hindends - much less communicate and understand Algebra and Physics!

Remember - unlike private schools which can REFUSE entry of any child that doesn't meet their standards..(and they DON'T have to even have certified teachers with college degrees)   Public schools HAVE to accept all students - Healthy, psychotic, retarded or vegetable... And The public expects them all to perform equally..

BTW - All of these college courses have made me a much better riding instructor. Prior to this I understood the Psychology of how a horse thinks and learns - but not the VERY complex psychology about how various types of people personalities learn.. Then matching the two is a whole different ballgame..I Think EVERY riding instructor should have at least 25 hours of EDU courses!
- LP