[RC] PNH - Sandy - Spottedracer

He, he, he.. sounds just LIKE my NH boarder... Still can't ride the trails, since her 26 year old horse will decide at ANY time to go tearing off in full runaway mode... Still can't get out of the arena - since her 6 year old Hanoverian won't even go over a walk with her (unless he sees a horse go by - then he'll tear across the arena and slam on the breaks at the rail...)  Half the time she comes out here - I end up seeing one of her horses go flying by my pool - either dragging her on the other end of the leadrope, or completely free of her...

I though POSSIBLY it was the horses.. Granted, my 8 year old can completely control the older one - when I ask her to lead him from paddock to barn at night. All he EVER needs is a swift 'AANNNNTTTTT!" and a jerk to his halter.. Same thing when I had to lead the Hanovarian with my twisted ankle.... Nope, didn't have to hit them - just had to be 'lead mares' to them.

Sad, when two 15.3-16+hh horses have more respect for a small 8 year old child as a 'lead mare' than their adult owner... They see the adult owner as 'the submissive mare who wants to be their FRIEND'.....I love the Lady to death, but she'll never change, and seems very happy to do what the horses want to do when THEY want to do it!
- LP