Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Parelli (and other clinicians)

In a message dated 8/25/2007 8:20:03 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, dakota.charm@xxxxxxxxx writes:
If they are having fun with their horse, and the horse is happy, and
being a partner.. then who cares if they ride or not?  People need to
be safe and have fun with their horses... there are a lot of New to
horse people, and if they are not having fun and safe while with their
horse, then they usually get out of horses...
I think this is the crux of the problem - we have friends, one in particular, who is big time clinician junkie, and I cannot TELL you how many times we have gotten phone calls to come over - she got bitten, run over, muscled into, stepped on, and the list goes on. She will NOT discipline her horse, so when we WOULD go over to "rescue" her from her "trained" horse, it was a losing battle, because the horse would try to trample US so he would not have to do whatever she had in mind, and one was not allowed to even poke her horse, so we had to wait until she wasn't looking and SMACK him to get off our toes, out of our space, etc.

She was (and IS) NOT safe, NOT having fun, the horses are SURLY, not HAPPY, and not any KIND of a partner - more like a bulldozer - and then went and produced a foal by this "union". ugh! Second generation bulldozer. Yes, she rides- takes about 90 MINUTES to get ready with all the accouterments, PLUS now ponying said second generation dozer along...sigh! Will NOT ride alone and such a pain in the behind to WAIT for...so no one wants to ride with her anymore...sound like fun yet? She is one of several Parelli "grads" i know who have these issues - hers are just the worst because she doesn't fit into any of the descriptive words above - fun, happy, partner....and yes, people DO care what people like this do - because they are an open HAZARD to other riders who are in control and frankly a whole lot smarter.
San (who expects her horses to walk on THEIR feet, not mine!)

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com