[RC] Parelli - Bruce Weary

I find all of the hyper-analysis of Pat Parelli sort of amusing. It is typical when you are high profile in any profession, to be scrutinized and your motives questioned, no matter what the field of endeavor. I have never taken an equine seminar like what I understand he and his wife presents. So I can't knowlegeably comment on his methods. In fact, there aren't a helluva lot of things I can comment knowledgeably on in this life. I mostly make wild stabs.
I do know that my momma taught me that there are basically two kinds of people in the world: Those who are part of the problem, and those who are part of the soution. I would think that with all the attention Mr. Parelli draws to the horse, and all the people he has stimulated to spend more time with horses, he is part of the solution. Maybe we should get from him what we can. My brother, a talented guitarist, told me a joke once that went something like this: "How many jazz guitarists does it take to screw in a light bulb? Twenty. One to change the bulb, and 19 to stand around and day "Not bad, but I could have done it better."

I also think it's funny that some folks are offended that Parelli sells T-Shirts and coffee mugs. After 25 years of endurance riding, I have got more T-shirts and coffee mugs than Carter has pills. :> Dr Q