[RC] Fwd: Article rejected due to size greater than 12500 - Ellen Zawada

Hi Kat,

I am a member of the savvy club, and will admit that you have brought up some very good points. The one item I did want to comment on is that I did attend a Parelli clinic in May, and Pat very strongly said not to try to convert the other horse people in your life. I have never met anyone that appreciates the missionary method of converting people. This was my first clinic, but I wanted you to know that he did mention it more than once.

Ellen

However, carrot stick aside, one of the biggest complaints I have about
his marketing efforts is its ability to generate "group think." I work
with many people who are surrounded by Parelli-ites at their barns who
are ashamed to admit that it doesn't work for them and their horses and
will even go along with the group in their clinics and their regular
Thursday night sessions even though they know that it doesn't work for
them and their horses because they don't want to offend their friends
and/or be left out of the group. And these groupies constantly harp on
everybody else who isn't going along with them because they are SURE
that if they would just be converted that it would be better for them
and their horses (i.e. They don't know how to take "No thanks, I am not
interested" for an answer).

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:) (yes, you CAN find a joke in there somewhere)