Re: [RC] Parelli and Natural Horsemanship - Stacy Sadar

Hi Dave,

Nicely said.  I'm not a follower of any specific trainer, pick up things from many of them out there and use what I need.

You asked the question as to why only Parelli had been so criticized and not the others.  I'll answer that with my experience.  It's not Parelli himself (although he does come across as very arrogant) as much as it's the students of Parelli who have made him look bad.  I've witnessed more times than I can count a Parelli follower who is so sold on the Parelli way (almost as a cult-like belief) that it's the only thing they listen to AND their horse still dominates, runs over them, and is down right dangerous.  These people are very adamant that "the Parelli system works and I'm not listening to anyone else!"   In my neck of the woods, there is a gal who will not listen to anyone else or go to any other trainers and it's so bad that people get off the trail, out of the arena, etc. if she is coming!  But, she believes that eventually playing the 7 games will get this horse on her side.  I don't see it happening anytime soon and this has been going on for years.  In the meantime, those who are the bad examples of Parelli teachings, I'll just stay out of their way!

I do disagree with the need to purchase expensive items that only the trainer says can be used, but we need to remember they are really in business to make money so that's expected.  Bottom line is that the real issue with Parelli is the students of Parelli who are the problem which includes their cult-like behavior, lack of actual basic training of their horse which is all their representation of the Parelli teachings.

JMO....
Stacy