[RC] And you want to know why - Kristi Schaaf

Jonni wrote:
And Kristi, you have not done that, and
have always explained how these methods worked for
YOU, and helped you so much. But I am sure even you >
have met the rabid types, that poo-poo any
method but the one they follow.
_______________________

Oh absolutely! And they're a PITA. I also have met
dressage trainers/riders who are aghast that I mount
from the right and ride in a rope halter. But I sure
wouldn't judge ALL dressage riders by the
philosophies/methods of the ones I don't agree with,
as some of you seem to like to do with anyone who
chooses to take the NH route. Take out the word
"Parelli" or "NH" and insert "X", and you're going to
find know-it-alls who only see the one way to do "X",
whether or not they actually have a clue as to what
they're doing - that's human nature and not limited to
NH fanatics.

Bottom line,  I know that I personally would much
rather learn from someone like the Parelli's who try
so hard to make life better for horses everywhere by
helping people understand horse psychology. Many NH
clinicians, PP included, used to train horses but
quickly figured out that as soon as the horse went
back to the owner, he became a 'problem' again (ya
right). So, they figured out that to help the horse,
they needed to help the HUMAN, and the NH movement
became a wave that hit the horse world's front page
after generations of just being used by some trainers,
on some ranches, passed down through familes, offered
in a smattering of small clinics, etc. I am so
thankful that NH is now available to the masses, even
if it is sometimes flawed, because it more often than
not is for the good of the horse, rather than the
still much too common philosophy that the horse is
some sort of hay eating machine with a gas pedal and
brakes and nothing more (there's still plenty of
professional horse people, endurance community
included, with THAT attitude).

I'm in continual awe of the whole essence of a horse.
So, I will do everything in my power to become the
best horse person I can so he enjoys being in my
presence almost as much as I love being in his. It
sure makes going down the trail together much more
enjoyable, and bottom line is that it doesn't matter
how you get that type of relationship, just get it.

Kristi

Life's a journey, so enjoy the ride (and try not to fall off)

and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7