[RC] Big horn saddle - Fred & Cynthia Ross

Hi,
I have owned both the leather and cordura Big Horn saddles. LOVE the leather one. I have put thousands of miles on it and used it very hard. And it fits a larger variety of horses then any saddle I've ever owned.

The cordura I didn't like ONLY because my horse ended up with a sore back from it. I am a heavy rider (6' 180Lbs) and the cordura skirting doesn't provide any support or stabilize the saddle the way leather skirting does. And right where the tree ends on the saddle (which you can easily feel with your hand on the cordura skirted saddle) is where my horse got sore. And the back skirting would flip right up and you could tell the back of the tree was digging into her back.

Now, I am currently using a cordura skirted western saddle on my mule. (totally different brand) But, the bars of the saddle seem to extend further back and is not causing my mule any problem. The skirting does not "flip" up in back at all.

A friend of mine recently tried both the Abetta and Big Horn cordura. The Big Horn cordura skirting "flipped up" in back on her horse also. But did not on the Abetta. Then she tried my Big Horn leather saddle and loved it.

Just my experience with the saddles.

Cindy R. in Maine