[RC] And you want to know why (was: Parelli, horse sense, etc.) - k s swigart

Kristi Schaaf said:

Something you'll hear Parelli say
is "You want to be good with horses? Look at what
other so-called horse people are doing, and do the
opposite".

If you want to know why some people find the things that Parelli has to
say of little use and are offended by the fact that he isn't much more
than an expert marketer, this would be a really good example of it.

He is, in essence, with the above statement saying, "Nobody knows how to
deal with horses properly but me and all my accolytes."

That's what "do the opposite of what everybody but me" is saying.

There are some truely exceptional "so-called horse people" who are not
Pat Parelli, and a wise person would be smart not to just dismiss them
as incapable and do the opposite of what they are doing as Parelli (if
the above mentioned quote is accurate) is suggesting.

Personally, I find it mildly humorous that some people are insisting
that Parelli and his methods are essential because though what he
teaches is "common sense" few people have it.  To which I can only say,
"Speak for yourself."

If you have no common sense and need to be taught it by Parelli, by all
means, pay him to try to teach you.

There ARE some people, however, who do have common sense and have no
difficulty whatsoever from learning such things directly from the horse.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)

p.s.  I am willing to concede that the above mentioned quote from
Parelli is NOT accurate and he has never said any such thing.  But it
that is what his students are taking away from his teachings, it is
really BAAAAD advice, and whether he intends to be giving it or not, he
probably ought to be made aware that people are taking it away from his
teachings and do something to stop it.