[RC] Horse Quencher? - sherman

What amount of molasses do you consider quite a bit? My horse could use more water the “night before the ride”, at least IMO.

Kathy

To get my horse to drink at rides I put molasses in his water....quite a bit.  Now that he's more experienced, he drinks well on the trail, but I still use the molasses water the evening before a ride, giving it to him in two-gallon buckets.  I can usually get him to drink 4-6 gallons from late afternoon until I go to bed.  Not all horses go for this, I suggested it to a neighbor at the last ride I was at, and her horse made a horrible face when he sniffed it!

Chip