RE: [RC] [RC] Horse with attitude... - Terry Banister

That looks similar to the tuck/roll that I learned in Judo. I tried to use it a few years ago on a fall during a 180-degree horse spin, because I saw the cement coming at me in slow motion but did not want to put my hands out and break my wrists, so I landed on my side. However I did not roll, and just went splat on the street ~ and broke my hip. So I would suggest sticking your hands out to break the fall and then roll if you can. (?)

The other times I have been dumped recently have also been on a spook/spin when I was in the UP position of posting. The horse just spun out from under me so fast I did not have time to react. I was flat on my back with a smack in the same spot the horse used to be. Both times, my back felt better after having had that "adjustment" And thankfully, the helmet worked.

From: lanconn@xxxxxxx
To: bwalker2@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] [RC] Horse with attitude...
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:04:11 -0400

Parachute Landing Fall…

Try this link:

http://www.dukesofwindsoar.com/dukes.cgi?do=html&htmlfile=html/ppg_info/parachute_landing_fall.html

When you send in plain text, it truncates.  A solution for that is to copy the line, then paste it.  HTML format, like this will give you the entire link.

Unfortunately, Ridecamp limits size……hopefully, this is small enough.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

I couldn't load the link Jim gave, but it **sounds** kind of like

what I try to do.  I try and remember to **Roll**.   I try NOT to

brace, only enough to tip me into a roll, or (at least once) a

summersault.

New home for Mom, no cleanup required. All starts here.