Re: [RC] ethics of slaughter - Rebecca Fabiszak

Yes, Yes, yes, how do we get this going? Maybe with all of the wonderful people on RC, something can get started. I thought it a great service project for my daughter for 4-H but I don't want her injured or killed by some nutcase that would be against it. I would, and will with help because I am blonde naturally and some don't think I am serious.  I am serious, seriously deficient in so many ways but the heart is in the right place. Beccy

----- Original Message ----
From: sherman <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 2:38:56 AM
Subject: [RC] ethics of slaughter

To me, this sounds so rational…

Kathy

Diane wrote:

Instead of the ineffectual HPA legislation we are now stuck with, if you

really want to protect horses instead of just forcing your beliefs and

opinions down others throats, why not support a two-pronged attack on

this issue which will accomplish what you most desire - an improvement

in the quality of death for the horses.  First, other posters made a

wonderfully sane suggestion:  rescue groups could instigate the creation

of a nationwide network or organization dedicated to the gentle

euthanasia and dignified disposal of horses, one which would take ALL

horses brought to them and charge a reasonable fee for their services.

Clients could choose the method of death and disposal based on their

personal beliefs and/or pocketbooks.  Second, support legislation

respecting the transport and slaughter of horses which would require

that horses be treated humanely, right up to and including the coup de

grace.  No moral/religious underpinning, no distinction between horses

as food for people vs animals.  Just protection for the horses from

inhumane treatment.

Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.