[RC] Horse hell (was: ethics of slaughter) - sherman

So I guess this is a situation where we could take them to the local zoo and let them have the horse for feedings then. I don’t suppose horse rescues take “unplaceable” horses, do they? I actually had a horse with a problem that could not be resolved, decided she was no longer safe around my family, but fortunately, the previous owner took her back, even though I’d kept her for close to 2 years trying to get her to be safe.

Kathy

Horses that I can't keep and I can't honestly find somebody else to keep
need to be shot.

So no, I don't take it to the auction and be done with it.  I would
rather just take a horse straight to dead, than to let it be passed from
owner to owner, each one more ignorant than the last having a miserable
life along the way and making a bunch of people's lives miserable as
well.

THAT is my definition of horse hell.

If I think my horse is "unsaleable" then the last place I should be
taking it is to a sale. To do so would be unethical.

Taking any unsaleable item to a sale to see if you can get some ignorant
sucker to buy it is unethical whether the item is a horse or not.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)