[RC] strangles vaccine---Raven - Amy Major

Ok, I said I wouldn't debate but somehow well meaning posts always get twisted....

Raven, please let me clarify.  If you notice, the article said that they started tracking immunized animals in 2004.  One year after your terrible experience with the vaccine.

Also, because this is the UK, the vaccine they are looking at and yours maybe different completely.

I am not trying to trivialize any horrible experiences with vaccines or modern medicine.  But maybe the information that I provided will let people know that there are studies out there and that better vaccines are on the rise.....perhaps directly due to the efforts of your vet at UKY, certainly a very reputable school for equine and human medical research.

Because science is not done in a vacuum and scientific advancement is global.  I looked for US articles but I don't have time to do a full literature search on this to see if similar studies are done in the US.

My advice is that if you want to know the latest that is going on in this field, read, read, read and educate yourself.  I bet if we Google Dr Timoney right now we will come up with the most up to date info on the advancement of the vaccine. 4 years is a lot of time for scientific discovery....especially since he seems to have had some of the hard part finished....identifying the antigenic epitopes on the bacteria.  I applaud him and all that are trying to make vaccines safer and more efficient.

Got a little couch potato?