[RC] opening day of Foresthill Bridge/No hands before it had "hands" - Dawn Simas

I was there that day, I was 10 years old.  I was thrilled to see the elephant out on the bridge (donkey on the other side).  Ronald Reagan was there, he was governor.

I grew up riding over No Hands--before the rails.  I would gallop my pony across with the reins dropped and put my arms out wide, a la boy in Black Stallion movie on the beach.  This is what I heard Wendell had done one day that gave it it's name.  It's actually called the Mountain Quarries Railroad Bridge.  He challenged the many that rode with him to do the same and many wouldn't, so I was a typical kid showing off.  :)

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue