Re: [RC] [RC] ethics of slaughter-Dancer - Maryben Stover

I guess I have been lucky.  My 36 year old horse and 37 year old mule both went peacefully when the time came, as did the various dogs and cats over the years.

One way to guarantee your horse's future is to let someone have him for as long as they want but you keep the papers.  If you don't like the way they take care of the horse, you can go get him.  I have three ex endurance horses who are still owned by me.  They are happy and healthy but if they aren't, I can go get them.  Also, I have told the people when it comes time to put them down, if they can't do it, I will take care of it...............mb