[RC] Ethics of slaughter.. - Spottedracer

Yep, I play with my bottle calves and goats.. They have WONDERFUL personalities! The goats are even more enlivening than my horses! We Give them names, give them the best of organic feedstuffs, give them the best of lives... Until they enter my spacious five horse trailer for the trip to the Amish Slaughter house.

You see, I and my family eat MEAT. But we like knowing that there's no hormones, antibiotics, and the herbivores WEREN'T fed other herbivores (this all happens with most of the commercially produced beef, pork & chicken)..  We also like knowing that the meat we eat - comes from animals that weren't tortured during their breif lives. (which happens to 'industrial farm' dairy cows, layer hens, etc, etc....)

But pretty much all livestock are slaughtered using similar techniques. Death ain't pretty and all the animals must feel some fear at the end.  So since I support these same slaughter techniques when it comes to the cattle and goats that I've so diligently cared for - I CANNOT be against horse slaughter due to it's 'inhumane treatment of horses'...

So with my helmet and protective vest on - I make this statement:
If you consume beef, poultry, pork, goat, eggs or milk - but are against horse slaughter since it's 'inhumane' - then you are a hypocrite.

- LP (read the book: The Meat you Eat by Ken Midkiff - for further information on production and slaughter of large-scale 'Agribusiness')