[RC] nosebleed in horse? - which . chick

I'm a newbie, been conditioning my horse (9 yr. old arab mare) since the start
of the summer for a 30-mile CTR in late September.  Over time, our
rides have changed from "mostly walk, some trot" to "mostly trot, some
walk".  I ride 3x a week (or four, if I can), 1.5 to 2 hours per outing.  We're
doing about thirty miles a week (minimum) and my horse seems happy (ears
up, steps out, stays easily in a working trot, eats well, looks bright and
healthy, keeping weight on).

Yesterday, I rode her on a 7.6 mile training loop that we've done several
times before.  I increased the workout to include three 1-minute canters
(NOT gallops.  Slow canters.) along with the 6 or 7 minute trots and 2 or
3 minute walks that we've been doing.  (I carry a stopwatch, so these are
not estimates.)  My goal for the canter parts was "steady and workmanlike"
so they were only slightly faster than her medium trot (med. trot is 6.5 - 7
mph, depending on terrain).

Untacking her after the ride, I noticed blood on her nose.  It wasn't
running or dripping -- there was less than that, maybe two teaspoons,
and it'd stopped by the time I noticed it, but it was still wet.  There was
more blood on one nostril than the other but both had some.  This was
the first I've ever seen anything like that from her.  She didn't seem too
concerned, ate her feed, cleaned up every bit as usual.  When I turned
her loose
in the field, she put her ears up and trotted happily off to the round bale
like always.  She seems okay this morning, too, but I'm worried.

Google suggests "exercise-induced pulmonary hemorrhage" but I thought
that was only for racehorses going like sixty.  We weren't going that
fast or that hard.

Thoughts?  Anything I can do about this?  Barring any better ideas,
I'll take her out again on Friday (today is a day off) and go a bit
easier to see how she does.  Maybe this is a one-shot deal, just a
weak blood vessel or something.  I'm trying hard not to panic, here,
but this is very disturbing even if my horse doesn't seem too pressed
about it.

Jessica