Re: [RC] [RC] was slaughter update - Maryanne Gabbani

Just out of curiousity, what makes our horses different from our cows, sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, geese, and rabbits? They can all be pets. They are all, in varying degrees, intelligent beings. They can all be eaten and most are on a regular basis.

Come to someplace like Egypt where a) most horses are NOT pets but necessary to someone's livelihood and b) there is no slaughter at all. You will see horses living lives of hell. Not all of them, to be sure, but enough to give you pause. If the owners of these poor broken wrecks could get a bit of money and put the horse out of its misery, both parties would be better off.

Maybe the thing that creeps people out is the idea that horses might be raised for slaughter like cows are. Maybe they should start skipping the bacon and tbones.

Maryanne